Saturday 19 May 2012

Our friends in Bangkok (Thailand)


While we were in Bangkok, we had a meal with family friends who live there. One of the things I haven't been doing as much as I would like to is trying all the tropical fruits that are sold all over the place. Partly it's because the company I'm holding isn't overly interested, and partly it's because I don't really understand how to buy it or eat it. So when they pulled out the fruit bowls for dessert I was over the moon and filled myself up on lychees, mangosteens, watermelon and some others I can't remember the names of.

Mike and Jane and their two daughters have lived in Thailand for years doing all sorts of good work in various areas of the country. At the moment they are stationed in Bangkok where Jane is working on an AIDS project and Mike works with children who have been abused or exploited. If anybody is interested in finding out about their work or would like to help in any way you can look at these links, or we can put you directly in contact with Mike or Jane.


A powerpoint about the AIDS project:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40177633/AIDS%20project%20PowerPoint.ppt


The English website of Mike's child project:

http://childprotection.cct.or.th/en/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment